YOu like St Peters 6th Form "College"?

0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
100% 100% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 3

St Peters 6th Form "College"...

Post  aPhRo_ on Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:38 pm

ok so those of you who go to the this particular college will know exactly what i am talking about, and why i have a seriously valid reason to be pissed off Smile

well, put it this way, how MOST colleges work, you go in, you go to your lessons, teacher sets you some work, you leave. NOw our "College" decides we go to our 4 lessons a week for each subject, hang around the school forbidden to go off site, which means we're made to pay extortionate prices for a load of shit in our "canteen" thats usually gone and devoured by twats lower down the school, fair enough they're there and stuff its not there fault really, its the fact we aren't allowed to go off site to eat? i mean come on, in most cases its healthier AND cheaper to go elsewhere,

BUT the pinnacle of insults is the fact they are making us register for compulsory fucking "DIRECT" study periods. Now hang on a minute, does anyone remember Mr Purcell saying that we're now becoming independant learners and we're being prepared for university life or working life? BULLSHIT, seriously, University is SO independant you dont even get support from teachers in most cases. At the end of the day college = go in for lessons, now it makes sense why you see miserable sixth formers walking rouund the school all the time..

I've put these arguements to my parents and they were just like wtf, and if nothing changes they'd see if they could get me into another college Smile

whats your thoughts let me know please, i've got to go to Miss Walter or Mr Purcell and talk to them about this ridiculous "COLLEGE" (not prison..).

Thanks
aPhRo_

Number of posts : 126
Favourite Map : AZ Road Atlas
Registration date : 2007-12-02

View user profile http://www.myresistance.net/ostat.php?name=aPhRo_cag

Back to top Go down

Re: St Peters 6th Form "College"...

Post  HSW on Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:42 pm

Like I was saying to you over MSN, all your points are valid and you have a point really.
I just think they need to give us that bit more freedom to make it more interesting. Im thinking id rather have 1 more lesson on 4 days than an independant thing, because there isn't much "independant" about it other than the fact that if we want help doing that specific work, its much much harder to get or find. Doesn't make much sense really.

My Halo: Reach Stats
My Halo 3 Stats

HSW
Admin

Number of posts : 188
Favourite Map : Pinnacle, The Cage, Asylum. | The Pit, Guardian
Favourite Gamemode : Multi Flag CTF or Team Slayer
Registration date : 2007-11-28

View user profile http://incompletejigsaw.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  FUBAR Ste on Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:09 pm

hear hear.
FUBAR Ste

Number of posts : 59
Favourite Map : Boarding Action
Favourite Gamemode : Team SWAT
Registration date : 2007-11-29

View user profile http://www.play.com

Back to top Go down

Post  HyPeR-09 on Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:23 pm

Unless you're on EMA there's no penalty to not going to these Study periods. I mean, sure if you're "attendance" drops below 90% they could kick you out. But I think a classroom FULL of people is much more distracting than me at my desk at home with music.
HyPeR-09

Number of posts : 76
Favourite Map : Beavers
Favourite Gamemode : Rocket Race
Registration date : 2008-06-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top