Halo: CE remake confirmed

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Halo: CE remake confirmed

Post  Randle on Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:37 am

he long rumored Halo remake is finally confirmed. Halo: Combat Evolved will be releasing this holiday season on the Xbox 360. The remake will not be just be running at a higher resolution, but will be redesigned with a brand new art style. Sources confirm that itís a new engine, but not the Reach engine.

We expect that the game will run in 1080p, and there are rumors of 3D television support. Details on the multiplayer are a little unclear at this time, but online co-op for 2 players is very likely. The release date could be on November 15th, and that would make sense since that would be the 10 year anniversary of the original Halo: Combat Evolved

Source

So at least we have one more game to dominate before Halo Kinect comes out Razz I'm pretty happy they have changed from doing a remake in the reach engine and new art style all together. Should be a breathe of fresh air. If they do, do multiplayer (which I don't see why they won't) I just hope they take out armour abilities all together Very Happy

Looks like November is gonna be a sweet month with loads of kick ass games coming out then Razz

Number of posts : 88
Favourite Map : The Pit, Sanctuary
Favourite Gamemode : Team Doubles or CTF
Registration date : 2008-07-12

View user profile http://markrandle.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Halo: CE remake confirmed

Post  HSW on Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:10 pm

Nice post mate - Cheers for keeping us informed.

I definitely am looking forward to this. But I also hope they don't do adversarial multiplayer, so soon after Halo: Reach. I don't know about you guys, but I'm used to to a new halo game every 3 (?) ish years. Each one being an entire new generation. Having only one year of a new generation of halo multiplayer, almost detracts from the nature of the game - Turned into a Call of Duty-type churn out money brand.

I'm hoping this is more of an ODST-type side project thing. If they stick to their retarded ideal of milking out one halo game per year, but tac on an adversarial multiplayer, it will ruin the multiplayer. For me, it's all about people getting to grips with the tiniest of details in the game, to gain an advantage over the opposition - Reaching that beautiful perfection and making halo gameplay look and feel like an artform.

Perfections like:

• Finding the best place to bank a grenade.

• Forming the best strategies on varying maps maps for differing objectives

• Discovering jumps

• Discovering the best lines of sight

• Forming a team and playing to their strengths

One year, for me, isn't enough to time to do this and therefore isn't enough time to appreciate the superb gameplay that Halo multiplayer has always had to offer.

My Halo: Reach Stats
My Halo 3 Stats

HSW
Admin

Number of posts : 188
Favourite Map : Pinnacle, The Cage, Asylum. | The Pit, Guardian
Favourite Gamemode : Multi Flag CTF or Team Slayer
Registration date : 2007-11-28

View user profile http://incompletejigsaw.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike FUBAR on Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:02 pm

The grenades bit for me doesn't take a long time at all, fuck the rest.

Good News though! hopefully it wont be £40 for basically the same game that we already have

Number of posts : 40
Favourite Map : Last Resort, Coagulation, Battle dome
Favourite Gamemode : Living dead, PROTECT OBAMA, Griffball, Hot Potato
Registration date : 2007-12-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Randle on Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:37 am

Doubt we will get to pay less. Especially since it is allegedly being made by sabre interactive in a new engine and not 343 remaking it in an highly updated version.

Number of posts : 88
Favourite Map : The Pit, Sanctuary
Favourite Gamemode : Team Doubles or CTF
Registration date : 2008-07-12

View user profile http://markrandle.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top